Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-thon Hour 9

Hour 9 Challenge: Soundtrack Song.
Book title: The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling
Soundtrack Song: “Piece of my heart” by Janis Joplin
Why I chose this song: There are six different tales in the book and "The Warlock's Hairy Heart" definitely stood out to me.  It's about a young talented warlock who feels that weakness and foolishness come to his friends who love, so he secretly uses the Dark Arts prevent it from happening to him.  I don't want to give away the end of the story, but I will say song's intensity and lyrics are as impassioned at the story's ending.  Read it yourself and you'll see!  
YouTube - Janis Joplin - Piece of my heart


Two books complete! 



Title of book(s) read since last update: Just finished Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
Number of books read since you started: 2
Pages read since last update: 89
Running total of pages read since you started: 250
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 2 1/2 hours.
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 5 1/2 hours (+ 3 hours blogging-related/on my phone/lunch)
Mini-challenges completed:  5 mini challenges (Hour 1, 3, 5, 9 [above] and Name that Book Challenge)
Other participants you’ve visited: 8
Prize you’ve won:

I'm going to start my next book before breaking for dinner. 

Next book up: 

 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing two books! Enjoy your time with Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a Story Book

    At night when sunshine goes away,
    And it's too dark for me to play,
    I like to come inside, and look
    For new friends in a story book.

    ReplyDelete