Monday, April 12, 2010

Read-a-thon Wrap-up

This is a day late, but I needed some time to recuperate after the challenge. 

Final tally: 11 hours 20 minutes - reading
                 5 hours - blogging/mini-challenges/spreading cheer
                 7+ hours - eating/sleeping/walk/other breaks
 Participated for a total of: 16 hours 20 minutes

Pages read: 505

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The final hour...between 3 and 4am.  Only four more hours to go.  At one moment it's 4 am, the next it's 4:38.  Yep, I fell asleep on the couch without realizing it.  That's when I decided to call it a night.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  It'll be different for every reader because you have to read in the genre YOU prefer.  I love YA so I choose short YA books that would hold my interest. 

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? List all the mini-challenge winners on one page....maybe with the prizes.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Getting support from cheerleaders and other readers!

5. How many books did you read? 3 1/2

6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein (read about 1/2)

7. Which book did you enjoy most? Tales of Beedle the Bard: I've wanted to read this book for a while now.  It was fun, gruesome and endearing all at once.  I loved Dumbledore's commentary!  As I read it, I felt as if I was reuniting with old friends...getting an extra glimpse into their world.  Now I have an urge to re-read all the Harry Potter books.  Maybe they'll get back on the TBR bandwagon.

8. Which did you enjoy least? I enjoyed all the books.  If I had to choose one, it would be Where the Sidewalk Ends only because I was extremely tired and loopy. I couldn't really appreciate it so late into the read-a-thon while falling asleep. 

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a cheerleader, but I did encourage a few other readers.   I would advise that cheerleaders comment about something specific the reader posted about.  It makes the readers think that someone is actually taking in what they wrote.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll definitely do it again.  I enjoyed the support of all the participants.  I got a good chunk of reading in and loved visiting/discovering other blogs.  Thanks for an awesome event! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment