Sunday, April 11, 2010

Read-a-thon Hour 17

Hour 17 Early Favorites Challenge: the first book you remember loving.
GOOSEBUMPS
#1 - Welcome to Dead House 
by R.L. Stine
As a kid, I was obsessed with the Goosebumps series.  I must have owned at least 30 of them.  It's funny since I disliked scary movies growing up and I tend not read horror or scary books even now.  It's hard to explain why I liked them so much, but they were first series of books I threw myself into.  After Goosebumps, I moved onto some Fear Street, the California Diaries series, and eventually Harry Potter.  Welcome to Dead House started it all!









Hour 17: Get the Heck Out of Here Mini Challenge
1- What steps did you take to ensure you’d be able to read as much as possible today? I didn't make any other plans for the day.  Also, I had a long list of possible books TBR so I could pick and choose based on my mood. 
2- Of those steps, which proved to be the most beneficial to your day? Having an empty schedule during the day.  I could focus on reading.
3- Is there anything you might do differently next time? I'll probably set up a template for my blog entries next time for mini-challenges and updates.  I spent a lot more time at the computer than I thought I would.  Right now it's harder for me to stay awake while reading than typing.


UPDATE: 
Title of book(s) read since last update: started Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
Number of books read since you started: 3
Pages read since last update: 155 (since hour 9)
Running total of pages read since you started: 405
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 3 hours (since hour 9)
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 8 1/2 hours (+ 5 hours blogging-related/on my phone/lunch)...that doesn't equal 17...oh well!
Mini-challenges completed:  8 mini challenges (Hour 1, 3, 5, 9, 16, 17 [2 above] and Name that Book Challenge)
Other participants you’ve visited: 10
Prize you’ve won: 0

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant choice! I absolutely LOVED the Goosebumps series as a kid. I even follow RL Stine on Twitter, and he can be pretty funny sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your doing great, hope your enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, 3 books!
    Go Team Shelley!!

    ReplyDelete