Thursday, April 15, 2010

National Poetry Month












April is National Poetry Month!  National Poetry Month celebrates the importance of poetry in America.  There are so many ways you can participate—read a book of poems, attend a poetry reading, support local NPM events. Visit the Poets.com National Poetry Month website (from the Academy of American Poets) to find poems, search for events and discover other great ways to celebrate. While you're there, browse the new releases of poetry books.  I don't usually read poetry, but these titles look interesting to me:

Vacations on the Black Star Line by Michael Cirelli

Shoulder Season by Ange Mlinko

Let’s Not Keep Fighting the Trojan War: New and Selected Poems 1986-2009 by Edward Sanders

I'm going to set a goal of reading three poetry books this month to celebrate!  I might try to get one of these books newly released titles.  I'll post reviews of what I read later this month. 

For the tech savy poetry enthusiast, check out this Poem Flow App for iPhones and iPod Touch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment