Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-thon Hour 5

Hour 5 - Book/Soundtrack Challenge:
Choose a song that represents a chapter that you are currently reading. List the book/author/chapter. Give a quick synopsis about the chapter.
I'm currently reading Tuck Everlasting. I know it was made into a movie, but I haven't seen it...so here's my take. 

In Chapter 5, 10-year-old Winnie decides to get up early and go into the woods next to her house.  She's never explored the woods before and is curious to see where the music she heard yesterday was coming from.  She comes across a large tree and a older boy leaning against it.  Winnie watches him for a while until their eyes meet.  

A song that comes to mind is Ribbons Undone by Tori Amos.  The melody might be similar to the music Winnie heard (we find out soon that's it a music box).  But I think it also portrays Winnie's innocence as she leaves the front yard by herself for the first time and wanders into the wood.

Want to hear it?  Go here and click play on the right hand side. http://www.last.fm/music/Tori+Amos/_/Ribbons+Undone
Leave a comment below to tell me what you think.

UPDATE:
Title of book(s) read since last update: started Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
Number of books read since you started: I'm on my second book
Pages read since last update: 50
Running total of pages read since you started: 161
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour.  I've been getting calls and texts so I haven't been able to read all the time since my last post.
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 3 hours (2 hours blogging-related and on my phone)
Mini-challenges completed:  4 mini challenges (Hour 1, 3, 5 (above) and Princess Bookie's Name that Book Challenge.)
Other participants you’ve visited: 5
Prize you’ve won: Not yet.

1 comment:

  1. My Book
    by David L. Harrison

    I did it!
    I did it!
    Come and look at what I've done!
    I read a book!
    When someone wrote it
    Long ago
    For me to read,
    How did he know
    That this was the book
    I'd take from the shelf
    And lie on the floor
    And read by myself?
    I really read it!
    Just like that!
    Word by word,
    From first to last!

    ReplyDelete