Friday, April 9, 2010

Let's start at the Beginning

Welcome to The Ramblings...of a BookCrosser!  I'm Michelle.  I spend my days working in academic library and read in most of my spare time.  I love BookCrossing and have a new found obsession for reading book blogs.  My favorite books to read are YA/childrens books and series.  This is my first real attempt at blogging, so I will be figuring out my writing style and discovering blogging identity along the way.   

Don't know what BookCrossing is?  Well, it's an awesome site where you register your books, get a tracking number for it (aka BCID) and release the book into the world in the hopes to see where it goes in the future.  Well, that's the main premise but all BookCrossers are different and use the site in many ways.  Some people use BookCrossing (BC) to organize and review books but never release any.  Some BCers love to release books into the wild without reading.  While others, like myself, enjoy reading and then releasing the books to other BCers, especially people wishing for the book.  I find the website fun and pretty flexible.  BookCrossers are extremely nice and love to chat in the forum.  To learn more about the concept and terminology, go to their extensive FAQ page.

But I want to blog beyond all things BookCrossing.  I'll try my hand at book reviews and (maybe) memes.  Plus, I'll incorporate some author/publishing news and information about local book events to the Philadelphia area....anything else that might be relevant.    

Feel free to leave a comment on my posts.  I would love any advice or ideas from other bloggers.  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll follow my future posts.  Enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment