Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon

It's back!  Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon is this Saturday, October 9th.  I've craved out most of the day to relax and catch up on my leisure reading.  Grad school is kicking my butt, so I'm due for one day of vacation from it all.  I participated in the read-a-thon in April and absolutely loved it!

Here's some of my wrap-up stats from the Dewey's 24 hr Read-a-thon in April 2010:
Participated for over 16 hours, including:
   - over 11 hours of reading
   - 5 hours of blogging/mini-challenges/cheering for other readers
Books read: 3 1/2 including
   - The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
   - Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
   - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
   - Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein (read about 1/2)
Pages read: 505

Mini-challenges completed:  9
Prizes won: none...maybe I'll have better luck this year.

I'll post a list of my potential reads before it officially begins. It's not too late to sign up for the read-a-thon on Saturday. Check out the website to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment