Sunday, October 10, 2010

Read-a-thon Wrap Up

We've reached the end of 24 hours.  Let's recap.  After some life distractions, I was able to refocus and get some more reading in.  I didn't come close to my initial goals, but I had a blast anyway.  Thanks so much for all your comments!  They make me laugh and keep me inspired.  You guys rock!  You other readers out there are one of the many reasons I love to participate in this reading event.  Even though I didn't get as much time in as I had hoped, it was fun to read your posts (especially some of your mini-challenges answers) and cheer you on.  Get some sleep now...it's well deserved.

End of event details:
How many books have you read?  Half of two books...that means one when you put them together?!?
Finished Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia
Started How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell



Pages read: 198 pages (131 from Angel Star and 67 from HTTYD)
 
Hours spent reading: 5 hours (wow, I read really slow)
 
Hours spent on mini-challenges, cheering, and blogging: approx. 2.5 hours
 
Total participation: 7.5 hours
 
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, it was lots of fun!
 
What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I would try to devote more time to it like I did in April.  So many distractions that I missed out on a bunch of fun challenges. I'll definitely participate next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment