Saturday, October 9, 2010

Read-a-thon Hour 11

Reader fail!  I've been a terrible read-a-thon participant. Even though I wanted to spend the whole day reading, life got in the way.  Hubby and I had DirectTV drama this morning. They were supposed to install the dish this morning (something to busy Hubby while I read...thought that was a good idea), however, do to complications it didn't happened. Then my car wouldn't start this morning, so I had to get it towed.  Yep, no luck today. The fine guys at Firestone fixed my car, I've got it back, and now I'm getting back on track with my reading.  I'm sure you don't want to hear all the details...but alas I've spent only about two hours reading (about 80 pages worth).  I know, it's a travesty!

My new goals: maybe 10 hours total...so I've got at least 8 hours of reading ahead of me. Of course, I'll try to make it to the 24th hour. 

How everyone else hanging in there? Anyone have a distraction story to share?  Let me know.

5 comments:

  1. As long as you've had a chance to have fun reading today that's all that matters! Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1, 2, 3, 4
    Hope your book isn’t a bore
    5, 6, 7, 8
    And your readathon is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let the late hour
    Make you dour,
    Just get up and stretch--
    You'll feel the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's not reader fail. Seems you have a plan to rescue your read-a-thon. I hope it works. Enjoy yourself and remember to take breaks when you need them. Most of all, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a fail. Life happpens. Make the most of what you got!

    ReplyDelete