Monday, September 6, 2010

Update: Hiatus

Sorry I've been silent for a few weeks.  I'm taking a break from blogging for a little while.  There are two big changes happening in my life right now: grad school and moving. 

I just started an online graduate program for a master's in library science (MLS).  I'll (hopefully) graduate in Summer 2012, which seems so far away right now.  Since I'm still working full-time, grad school studying and paper writing is taking up all my free time. I haven't been able to enjoy leisure reading for two weeks...and that's killing me already. But I have to take the responsible road and focus on my schoolwork. Hopefully, I'll find a few weekends to hold my own personal read-a-thons to catch up on the books from my TBR pile. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm not going to reach my challenge goals this year.

Also, I'm moving this month so almost all my books are packed up. September free time will revolve around lugging my heavy boxes to my new apartment. Hopefully, I'll be a bit more settled come October.

On the BookCrossing side of things, I posted a note about my limited free time on my extended profile. BookCrossers can still feel free to send me a PM, but it might take a short time for me to respond back. I'm sending on a bookray I wasn't able to finish to the next person on the list.  I still want to attend the monthly Audubon BookCrossing meetings at the Panera Bread on Trooper Road in Audubon, PA. So if you're in the Philly area, come and join us.

I will occasionally post...I have some pictures and books from August I still want to share.  I'm also way behind in my Google Reader...1000+ posts to read...EEK!  That means I'm behind in reading the reviews and news from all my favorite bloggers. Miss them already. 

But I have to remember that this isn't a "goodbye"...it's more like a "see you later". So enjoy your readings, feel free to leave comments or recommendations on my posts, send me an occasional PM through BookCrossing, and...I'll see you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment