Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Favorite Movie Librarians

The Huffington Post created a slideshow about librarians in movies.  I can't help but share the link.  It features two of my favorite movie librarian: Evelyn from The Mummy (1999) and Flynn from one of the best TV movies ever, The Librarian: Quest For The Spear (2004).

Librarians Save The Day! 11 Great Movies In Which They Star  

One of my favorite movie quotes comes from The Mummy:
Evelyn: Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am.
Rick: And what is that?
Evelyn: I... am a librarian. 
 

Check out the 11th picture...the one for The Librarian: Quest For The SpearIt's the wrong movie!  This picture is from the second Librarian installment, Return to King Solomon's Mines from 2006 with Emily Davenport. OK, maybe you didn't get the same kick out of that as I did...but I think it's hilarious they used the wrong one.



There are a handful of movies I haven't even heard of before. Cool...more to add to my Netflix queue.

Who's your favorite movie librarian?

No comments:

Post a Comment