Thursday, June 17, 2010

HUGE TBR Readathon Update


This week is flying by during the HUGE TBR Readathon, hosted by Bookworming in the 21st Century.  I originally set a goal of 4 books for the week.  So far I've finished one, I Was Amelia Earhart by Jane Mendelsohn.  I'm writing the review and hope to post it sometime soon.  I'm in the middle of The Handbook for Lightning Strike Survivors by Michele Young-Stone (this book is taking me a while).  Plus, I'm about to start Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber


Usually I read one book at a time...devote my attention entirely to one story.  Commit myself to that one author and become absorbed in the world they've created.  It also ensures I finish the book I've started. But I'll try something a little different now. Let's see how I manage two (or maybe even more) books at once.  Can I easily shift my focus from paranormal romance to realistic fiction and then back again?  I'm sure a lot of people probably read multiple books at once.

What's your reading preference and do you have any advice on how you manage multiple reads (especially in different genres)? Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. UGH, I missed the book-a-thon this past week. Oh well I wouldn't have been able to get much reading done anyway. Kid stuff going on:) Anyway so glad to have found your blog it looks great. I'm now following! Shari over at
    myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete