Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dewey 24 Hour Read-a-thon, Part 1


Welcome to my Dewey 24 Hour Read-a-thon, Pt.1 post!  This is my third time participating and I'm going to consolidate some of my posts this time around. Check back frequently to see how I'm doing. :)

Hour 1 Update: 
1) Where are you reading from today?
My apartment in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, PA.
2) Three random facts about me…
      1 - No pets...I have terrible allergies.
      2 - My favorite drink (besides wine) is a Starbucks Caffè Mocha.
      3 - I love scrapbooking, even though it never seems like I have time to do it anymore.
3) How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 
I have 8 books next to my couch and I would like to read at least 3 in the next 24 hours.
4) Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? 
My goals: Read for at least 10 hours (not including blogging, cheering, etc.), complete 3 books, and participate in at least 5 challenges (1 down, 4 to go!).
5) If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Pick short books you really want to read. Check in on other readers throughout the day and especially nearing the end.  When the 18-20 hour marks come around, it's rough...we're in it together, so show you're support. I write down the time period I read on a 3 x 5 index card to keep track.  Finally, have fun! You might not be able to read for 24 hours straight with all the updating, blogging, cheering, eating, and dealing with family/weekend stuff to distract you.  It's OK, just enjoy the ride! 

Hour 2 Update: 
I read 50 pages of The Foretelling by Alice Hoffman in 1 hour. It's awesome!  I have 4 Alice Hoffman books in my pile. Let's see if today turns into a Hoffman read-a-thon.
Check out the Hour 2 mini-challenge at I Heart Monster.  This was a fun one!
Where In The World Are You Reading?

3 comments:

  1. Good to link up with you through the Readathon. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes! I hope you get in some great reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah this read-a-thon is amazing! Hope you finally got some sleep after all of it!

    ReplyDelete